Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Samantha Bathing Suit!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I added some pics of Sam's Bathing suit 1997 edition to my American Girls Album. These were on a long time ago, but had been deleted, so re-added them.

    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...953027&idx=102

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Lissiefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It looks like there is some sort of white piping on the new outfit that was not on the old one. It looks like the dotted material is always outlined with it. I think I like the old version better, but I'm grateful to have this opportunity.

    Thanks for the pictures Ria! Your Sam looks beautiful in the flowers!!! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    I'm glad they are selling the umbrella separately. We were fortunate enough to get the '97 version with the life preserver for the orignal price on ebay this past spring so I don't think I want to buy two. I think I like the hat from the older version better. I am just very glad that AG is listening to their cutomers and trying to bring back outfits either the same or close to the original. I can't wait until the 21st to order Kit & Molly's suit. I would order them from my PS, but the code is just too tempting [img]redface.gif[/img] Thanks for sharing the pictures

    Kim

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 10, 2005 04:23 PM: Message edited by: courtneysunshine ]</font>

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Aunt Cornelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm thrilled with Samantha's new bathing suit. It is very different from the original (which I think is great, mainly because we already have the first one [img]redface.gif[/img] , but also because I think it's right that they make it distinguishable from the limited edition one).

    The main thing I notice is that the new one looks to be just one piece and the old one has a set of bloomers (visible) underneath it. Of course the hat is different, too, but I LOVE the new hat...it is soooo cute!

    Oh, I think I'm going to have to get one of these for dd and one for me, too (for my future Samantha! [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

  5. #15
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I too am a little dissapointed in Molly's. I'm glad to see it here first (Thanks Nikki) so I know what to expect when it arrives. I think DD will love it. The other girls will get theirs with the code. I'd love to wait until summer to give them but DD heard the message from our personal shopper so she will want to save for it (She may already have enough.) That's fine too but it's harder for my nieces to save.

    I'm rambling - too many new things and not enough occasions to give. Thanks again for posting.

  6. #16
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Susan, Samantha's new swimsuit is like the old one-it is a body-suit with a separate skirt.

    And Molly's is very pretty in person. I wish I had looked at the fabric closer, it's pretty thick-looking. And the matching peach glasses are so cute. Her necklace is really nice, something my DD would wear if they made them for girls!

  7. #17
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lissiefan:
    Yep, there are big differences. I like the old hat MUCH better. This one looks a lot like the silly croquet one. However, this one will do...I didn't want to pay ebay prices!!! I LOVE Molly's suit and chair. Those will definitely be on my next order!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Funny you should say that...I'm considering coding a chunk of Samantha's clothes - EXCEPT the croquet dress. My niece has it and I think it's horrible. To me, it looks better in the pics than in person. I know it's supposed to be the "lawn" fabric from the era, but - ugh. (And I can't figure out that hat, either. You see it and you're like, PILLSBURY DOUGH BOY.)

    I think Kit's suit is precious! And Molly's - too cute! I think I'm Tigger, too! [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just posted in Tracy's pictures thread that I would be disappointed if the umbrella and bucket didn't come separate because I have the 97 bathing outfit but wanted the umbrella and bucket and didn't want to have to buy the new bathing outfit to get it. So I'm glad the umbrella comes separate. But I have a question; does the bucket come with the umbrella or the outfit? Thanks.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Lissiefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Just ordered mine. The suit is the same as 1997's, and comes with shoes, and tights, and hat. No life ring mentioned.

    The beach umbella is seperate -$16
    Outfit is $24.

    I'm dying to see kits and molly's. Kit has an umbella too.

    The tennis outfit is totally different than the old AGT one, but still comes with tennis balls and racquet and is $24.

    I'm bouncing off the walls! Somebody PLEASE go take picture at AGP!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Brenda [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 10, 2005 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Lissiefan ]</font>

  10. #20
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, now we know how it looks. Enjoy it!!! I got the old 1997 one with the hat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •